Since the early days of Field Notes they had been searching for just the right way to create an edition celebrating America’s National Parks. When they saw the work of the artists of The 59 Parks Print Project, they knew exactly what to do. They donate five percent of retail and wholesale purchases to the National Parks Service, to help preserve and expand on our nation’s best idea.
Gorgeous illustrations of iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of these Memo Books, which are grouped into 3-Packs that make up the “National Parks” Series. We have 3 of them available:
Set A: Yosemite National Park and Zion National Park, both by Dan McCarthy, and Acadia National Park by Telegramme Paper Co.
Set B: Grand Canyon National Park by DKNG Studios, Joshua Tree National Park by The Little Friends of Printmaking, Mount Rainer National Park by Glenn Thomas.
Set C: Rocky Mountain National Park by Rory Kurtz, Great Smokey National Park by Chris Turnham, Yellowstone National Park by Brave the Woods.
Set D: Grand Teton National Park by Eric Nyffeler, Arches National Park by Nicolas Delort, Sequoia National Park by Glenn Thomas.
Set E: Denali National Park by Dan McCarthy, Cuyahoga Valley National Park by Kim Smith, Olympic National Park by Daniel Danger.
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
- 02. Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C "Packing Brown Wrap," with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black soy-based Toyo ink.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
- 06. Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 "Stitchmaster" 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
- 07. Corners precisely rounded to 3/9" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
- 08. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm). Crisp plain paper. 48 Pages.
- 09. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm x 140mm).
- 10. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 12. UPC: Graph FN-01 858493003004, Ruled FN-02 858493003011, Plain FN-03 858493003028, Mixed FN-04 858493003035